750 Sonoma Mountain Road
Petaluma, CA 94954
750 Sonoma Mountain Road, Petaluma, CA 94954
Inspired by a lifestyle…
This significant legacy Sonoma County ranch retreat sits amongst the foothills of Sonoma Mountain on approximately 350+/- acres of unparalleled beauty and consummate style. The estate offers peaceful privacy, carefree stylish living, and breathtaking mountain and sunset vistas. Inspired by a lifestyle, the ranch carries the trademark of modern California living…inventive, inspiring and elegantly informal.
Substantially renovated and redesigned in a collaborative fusion of classic Spanish Colonial architecture and modern design elements, this remarkable property is simply unmatched in excellence. Stunning main residence, private guest house and detached 3-car garage cluster around a circular courtyard with gated entrance.
Sumptuous interiors, rich textures and organic elements contrast with broad hallways, curved arcades, smooth stucco and walls of glass to create a soft contemporary environment. Interior and exterior space is merged through a dramatic open-air corridor that connects symmetrical wings of the house and flows through to the pool terrace and verandas.
Designed by architect Mark de Reus to showcase a sense of place and timeless aesthetic. Resort style amenities…luxurious pool and limestone terrace, expansive loggia, intimate verandas, fireside al fresco dining, lighted tennis & sport court with viewing pavilion, expansive lawns, pristine ponds, meandering paths and manicured gardens, stone walls and extensive patios. A detached 1BR/1BA guest house, with views overlooking the upper lake, provides a private respite for guests. Additionally, the 2BR caretaker home was recently renovated and offers comfortable on-site housing for ranch manager or staff. For the equestrian, an impressive center-aisle six-stall barn, arena, pastures and trails to explore. Explore the expansive meadows, seasonal creeks and oak-studded hills. Hike, ride, kayak, play tennis or go fishing without leaving home.
Situated at Sonoma County’s southern border just 40 miles north of San Francisco and within close proximity to Hwy 101 and Sonoma, Napa and Marin County’s vast recreational, agrarian and cultural resources.
In addition, the scenic natural beauty of the country and coastline in and around Southern Sonoma County affords a diverse range of outdoor recreational activities, including paddle-boarding on the Petaluma River, cycling the backroads and hiking the hillsides. Dramatic shorelines and coastal destinations are easily accessible from the ranch. Close proximity to The Green Music Center, Fairfield Osborn Preserve, Tolay Lake Regional Park and world class restaurants, vineyards and wineries.
The offering is comprised of approximately 350 acres . The land is tranquil and stunningly beautiful and the topography ranges from oak studded hills, grazing pastures to wooded canyons and meadows. Paved ranch road serves residential compound and additional service roads provide separate access to equestrian center, farm equipment barn, caretaker cottage. Four water reservoirs help conserve wildlife habitat, provide summer recreational activities and serve as an additional source of water.
- Rural Utilities │ two septic systems │ 2 private wells │ propane gas
- Photovoltaic solar system | Zoned HVAC | Generator
- Zoning: LEA B6 80 Z G LG/MTN RC50/50 SR
- Williamson Act Contract
- Groundwater Zone 3
- Water storage
- 4 reservoirs
- Farm Equipment Mechanical barn | 1798± sq.ft.
- Secured gated entrance
- Exquisite main residence | 8200± sq.ft.
- Custom premium finishes, significant upgrades and renovations
- Mahogany cabinetry, oil rubbed bronze fixtures, limestone flooring
- Limestone flooring and fireplace hearth
- Upgraded windows and glass, wireless light controls
- Detached 1BR/1BA guest house with water views
- Lakeside dining terrace with fireplace
- Circular courtyard entry | finished 3-car garage w/gym flooring
- Resort style pool & spa w/ custom lighting
- Wireless landscape lighting and sound system
- Limestone terrace & expansive loggia
- Lighted tennis & sport court w/ viewing pavilion
- IPE wood boardwalk along upper lake
- Remodeled Caretaker Residence | 2BR | 1BA |
- Equestrian amenities | Center-aisle 6-stall barn | Arena
- Expansive pastures, meadows, hiking and riding trails
- Seasonal Creeks, oak-studded hills
- Breathtaking views & dramatic skies
- Central location just 40 miles from San Francisco
- Petaluma Gap AVA
- Ranch Room – lodge style game room with fireplace & wet bar
- Custom doors and built-ins
- Vaulted ceilings | wide wood plank floors
- 6 wood burning fireplaces
More details available at the property website.